Tuesday, March 11, 2008

His Airness Tops the List

Too bad for me, I haven't watched a single Bulls game during the Michael Jordan era. But I heard he's really good and I think he is good! No, he's more than good. He's is great! And the Special Edition of ESPN's Daily Dime proved to me how great His Airness is by presenting the "Greatest Shooting Guards EVER."

1. His Airness, Michael Jordan, sits at the top spot. He has 6 NBA titles [1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998], 5-time MVP [1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998], 6-time Finals MVP, 14-time All-Star, Defensive Player [1988], & Rookie of the Year [1985]. He played for the Chicago Bulls, if my calculations are correct, for 12 years and for the Washington Wizards for 2 years. A clutch player, a 3-point shooter, a defensive player, & a lot more. I mean, what more can he not do? Anyone who's seen him play can stand witness to his greatness. It's like he's mastered every aspect of the game. Everything about him is just great! Next time I come across a Jordan game, I'll watch it!..

2. Honestly, I don't how to start this. The second spot of the Greatest Shooting Guards goes to KB24. Yes, Kobe Bryant is second to His Airness. He's won 3 titles [2000, 2001, 2002] and been a 10-time All-Star. What's nerve-racking about KB24 is that he's just 29. Meaning, there is more to be written about this guy. At his age, he's already got a staggering 20,000 points which includes his 81-point game. I know he's good but......... Omg, forgive me. I can't continue on. I might say something awful. But don't worry my blog is open for your POVs.

3. Jerry who? Jerry West! Yea, before His Airness came there was Jerry West. Jerry West who played for the LA Lakers for his entire NBA career [1960-74] is the third placer. He's has 1 title, a Finals MVP award [1969], a 14-time All-Star, & a Hall of Famer. He's known to be very competitive, a great defensive stopper, and a clutch player, which is why he's called "Mr. Clutch." Even if the Lakers lost in the Finals of '69, Mr. Clutch still won his well-deserved Finals MVP award.

Having won NBA titles and awards are bonus points for greatness. But the real key to greatness is to learn the game by heart and playing with passion. There are a lot more players listed on the Daily Dime's Greatest Shooting Guards, check them out.

No comments: