Friday, January 25, 2008

The Number Is 15

Yes, I'm a bit late in posting this entry but I just want you all to know that the San Antonio Spurs stretched Miami Heat's losing streak to 15. The San Antonio Spurs [28-13] defeated the Miami Heat [8-33] yesterday, 90-89. The Heat had the lead during the first half and that lead remained until the end of the 3rd quarter. But not for long my friends. Spurs' Manu Ginobili drove his way into the basket with only 36.5 seconds left during the 4th quarter and it unbelievably went into the basket. Remember what I wrote on my previous entry about how flexible Manu is whenever he drives his way into the basket? Such a magnificent display of athleticism! Manu Ginobili finished the game with 18 pts, 11 rebounds, and 8 assists. Tim Duncan had another double-double finishing with 30 pts and 11 rebounds. The Heat had the last possession but Dwayne Wade was throttled [literally throttled] by the Spurs "D."

"I thought we might run out of gas but we didn't." - Gregg Popovich, San Antonio Spurs coach

---

New Orleans Hornets - San Antonio Spurs

The San Antonio Spurs [28-13] will soon face their Southwest division rival, the New Orleans Hornets [30-12], at the AT&T Center. The Hornets are at top of the Western Conference and they are doing fine on their road games with an impressive 15-5. The home record of the Spurs is fine 20-4, I just hope their offensive edge will get back. But I think that'll be a problem with Brent Barry out due to a strained calf. I don't know what to say about the Hornets because I honestly haven't seen their games. So, I guess this is going to be the first time I'll be seeing them [Hornets] play. "You could have said before the season they were favorites to make it to the playoffs. But to lead the conference? That is hard to say," Ginobili on the Hornets.

Let the New Orleans Hornets play jazz at the AT&T Center

Melvin Ely, former-Spurs, will receive his 2007 NBA Championship ring from the San Antonio Spurs

Picking West Reserves Won't Be Easy

No comments: