Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Warriors Still Looking for Wins

The San Antonio Spurs earned their 8th consecutive victory 116-92 against the so-called Mavs slayers, the Golden State Warriors. Tony Parker finished off with 26 points, with Tim Duncan finishing with 17 points, 12 boards, and 3 blocks. Fab Oberto also helped by adding 8 points and 10 rebounds. What about Manu Ginobili? Well, he's played less minutes but still able to get double-digits with 16 points, 7 rebounds, and 2 blocks. Michael Finley and Bruce Bowen had 13 and 12 points, respectively, to securea win against the Warriors. To the Warriors side, it was Baron Davis who dominated giving up 19 points and 6 rebounds. Andris Biedrins gave all he can for his teammates with 8 points, 7 rebounds, and a block. But all the effort from the Warriors weren't enough to stop the Spurs. "The defense was outstanding for 48 minutes. I thought that's what fueled us to get the win against a really good team," said Spurs coach, Gregg Popovich. The Spurs D has put the field-goal percentage of the Warriors to just 37.5%. I guess the game weren't really meant for the Warriors, who hasn't won at the AT&T Center since February 14, 2007.

The Warriors may have "slayed" the Mavs several times, but that doesn't really count now if they don't make it to the playoffs.

---

"He's a quick healer, and he's always found a way to get back on the floor and have incredible games when he's not 100 percent," said former Mavs coach Don Nelson about Dirk Nowitzki.

“I think when I fall. I think maybe I hit his knee. He thought maybe it was hurt, and he got really scared. That's what he told me. I really didn't realize I landed on him like that. It's kind of hard to control when you have a big body. Things just happen in the game,” said Oberto regarding the tangle with the Warrior's Davis.

"I've got toothpaste guys calling me. I said, 'After the season,'" said the grinning Ginobili.

No comments: