Friday, May 09, 2008

And Then It's 2-1

Nerve-wracking, Game 3 was. Whew! I took quick peeks at the scoreboard and I never stayed for more than a minute on the scoreboard window. I was just so curious that I don't want the game to distract me from my work, which I experienced during Game 2. "It stunk," said Bruce Bowen. [the moment i woke up, i was already feeling down - maybe that was a bad sign - sigh] Game 3 was different though, I think there was more pressure for the San Antonio Spurs because they're back home. I'm just very happy that they won 110-99 against the New Orleans Hornets. The Hornets still leads the series 2-1 but when I think about it, it's better than 3-0. Almost everyone from the Spurs' stood up for their team. First of, the Big Three played really well. Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker had 31 points apiece. And yes, Manu was back as a starter. Tim Duncan added 16 points, 13 rebounds, and four blocks. Bowen played pretty good as well with 12 points and was successful about Peja Stojakovic, who only had eight points. And although Kurt Thomas only had four points, no one can belittle his 10 rebounds. Off to the bench was Fabricio Oberto with two points and nine rebounds. Michael Finley also had his share with 11 points. Brent Barry, Ime Udoka, Robert Horry with 3 points, and Jacque Vaughn weren't given enough time to prove themselves. But I know they'd really love to help the team win. The Spurs have three days off to rest and practice for Game 4. I hope they continue winning.

On the Hornets' lineup, only three players were in double figures, namely: Chris Paul with 35 points and nine assists; David West adding 23 points, 12 rebounds, and three blocks; and Tyson Chandler finishing with 12 points and eight rebounds. I respect the Hornets and their coach. They have class just like the Spurs and losing Game 3, I know they'll bounce and bring their A-game on Game 4. “You can slice it any way you want. But they’re not a team you’re going to stop,” said Spurs' coach Gregg Popovich. And yes, the Spurs still don't have the key to stopping CP3.

So, what was the mindset of the Spurs on Game 3? “Today, for us, it was a Game 7," said Spurs G Manu Ginobili. Manu, back as a starter, is a great idea from coach Pop. Of course TP often gets the credit because he's the Spurs pg. And Tim gets most of the critiques - good and bad, because his the captain and the team revolves around him. But Manu, he makes the difference in every game the Spurs' play. He's just so good at what he does and it's his first All-NBA team along with Tim.

No comments: